We are now accepting applications for a full-time Water/Sewer Technician II. Position is open until filled.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Associates Degree of applied science or any combination of experience, education and training that would provide the level of knowledge and ability required.
- 2-3 years of water or wastewater experience plus state certification for Water Distribution Manager 2 or Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator 2 or the ability to obtain one of the required certifications within 12 months of hire.
- Ability to cross train and become state certified as either a Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator 1 or Water Distribution Manager 1 as applicable within 12-18 months of hire.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a class B CDL in accordance with state licensing requirements within 12 months of hire.
- Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of wastewater systems including wastewater treatment, collection, and pumping systems.
- Knowledge of governmental rules and regulations as they pertain to wastewater systems.
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn, the operation and maintenance of water systems including water source, storage, treatment, transmission, and distribution.
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn, the governmental rules and regulations as they pertain to public water systems.
- Required skills include general problem solving, customer service skills, and the ability to adhere to safety rules and regulations.
- Operation and maintenance of all components of the water and sewer systems for both regulatory compliance and physical upkeep.
- Operation and maintenance in the water system includes well pumping facilities, reservoirs, transmission and distribution, and associated hardware.
- Operation and maintenance in the wastewater system includes treatment, collection, and associated hardware.
- Performs laboratory analysis of water and wastewater samples for both process control and regulatory compliance.
- Ensures adherence to established quality assurance and quality control methodology.
- Prompt, professional, and efficient customer service, including complaints, emergency situations, utility locates, meter installations, and sewer inspections.
- Maintains a professional appearance of facilities through general maintenance required to keep facilities clean, neat and safe.
- Ensures personnel safety through participation in safety meetings, knowledge of safety standards, and adherence to established policies and procedures.
- Must reside within 30 miles of the plant on the West side of the Hood Canal Bridge.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays as dictated by business levels.
- Must be available for after hour emergency call outs and able to respond within 40 minutes to a call out.
- Must comply with company policies and state guidelines pertaining to drug and alcohol testing for CDL drivers.